One Lovely Blog Award
I am totally elated to have come back from Minnesota to discover I’ve been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by both Chelsea and Rachel. Thank you, ladies – I’m so excited that people are reading, relating and enjoying! I’m also very happy to connect with other writers and bloggers – Pretty awesome! So here we go:
7 Things About Me:
1. My very first favorite books (that I can remember) were Good Night Moon, Harold & The Purple Crayon and Charlotte’s Web – The latter of which marks the first, last and only time the death of a spider has ever made me cry.
2. I am more afraid to get pierced than tattooed – Which, from what everyone else tells me, is crazy talk. I don’t know…Something about waiting for one big needle to jab through your skin is far more terrifying than sitting and relaxing while someone draws on you with a bunch of smaller ones.
3. That said, the three tattoos I have are pretty small but all meaningful. I also have three piercings (Belly button, ears and nose…Yes, I was barely 18 when I got that first one done. Sigh.)
4. Ashley is actually my middle name, which is what I go by when writing. My first name is all right, I guess – For a 5-year old. Oh well – No matter which name I go by, first or middle, it’s still 100% Irish!
5. Parts of me will never grow up. I love kids’ cereal and don’t care who knows it. Occasionally, when grocery shopping, I’ll try to put up a mature front and get the Special K or the Honey Bunches of Oats – But really, I’m wistfully side-eyeing the Lucky Charms, Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Trix. And, most of the time, a box with a leprechaun or a bunny comes home with me instead.
6. I was always one of those people that would roll my eyes and tell people they would never find the love of their lives in a bar or club. Then, in March of 2007, I met Nicki through mutual friends one night downtown at Spin. Naturally, this was a night that I wasn’t even going to go out and only finally did so at the urging of a friend. She went on for nearly an hour about having to put her two dogs down earlier in the week. I couldn’t stop staring at her eyes. I proudly stand corrected and the rest is history. Or HERstory. Whatever.
7. I love the occasional outrageous/crazy reality show. Tops on my list at the moment are Dance Moms, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, Breaking Amish and My Strange Addiction (they had a woman on there that EATS DRYER SHEETS! Let me repeat – She EATS. DRYER. SHEETS. How could I NOT watch in horror?!)
5 People I Nominate:
1. The always-lovely and hysterical Layce Gardner
2. The very cool Laurie Salzler (check out her photographs too, they are beautiful!)
3. The talented Chelsea Brown (according to your blog, this is going to be your 6th nomination – You go, girl! Oh, and I keep wanting to call you “Downtown Chelsea Brown” but I am pretty sure that is before your time…)
4. My fellow Illinois native, Rachel Spangler
5. Ms. Spilled Ink herself, Rachel.
1. Copy and paste the award logo into a blog post.
2. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
3. List seven things about yourself.
4. Nominate five other blogs.