So, Who Is This Way Cool Ashley Chick, Anyways?
There isn’t a whole lot to say about me that you won’t be able to garner from my blogs, Facebook profile or website. There are too many facets to any person to define in a single typed box, however, hopefully in reading along and taking whatever journey I may be going on at the time (sometimes far and wide, other times just a simple head trip) with me, you’ll feel positively. I love engaging with others, so comments and conversations are always welcome.
10 Random Ashley Facts (Which Are So Much More Interesting Than A Long-Winded Life Story):
1. I have a very wry, tongue-in-cheek sense of humor. And, obviously, this makes me the funniest person on Earth, but sometimes this doesn’t translate as well into text. Most of what I say should be taken with several grains of thick sea salt (not the powdery table kind) because sometimes the lines between “HA! HA! HA!” and “Is she serious?” can blur when blogging.
2. The first time I ever said the big, bad “F” word was in 3rd grade. This complete turd of a 9-year old found a rusty lead pipe on the playground (Red Flag 1, folks) and chased me relentlessly for all 15 minutes of recess with it until, more irritated that my recess had been spent out-running a pipe-wielding, Damian-esque third-grader than the fact that I could’ve been seriously hurt, I spun around and yelled “Well, fuck you!” to him. Needless to say, I was overheard and I still find it immensely unfair that *I* had to write the painful letter home to my mother admitting the vulgar language.
3. I want to travel the world and see all 50 states one day, and I am going to be damn sure I actually do it.
4. I read, I write and I’m one of those increasing rarities that do it for fun. It’s always been my most favorite form of self-expression.
5. My very first crush was on Olivia Newton-John as Sandy in Grease. I’m pleased to say I don’t have to be embarrassed of this fact because there is no denying that this woman has aged beautifully; also making it much easier to repress things like “Let’s Get Physical” and Xanadu.
6. I think that the best learning anyone can do is by opening their mind and learning from others around them; even the ones that they may have nothing in common with on the surface. That is why, although I love, love, love romance novels, mysteries and nearly every other genre of book, biographies will always have my heart. I’m convinced that everyone has a journey to share, a story that we can learn from, and maybe that’s naive or overly romantic of me, but I haven’t been proven wrong yet.
7. I still get freaked out by myself in the dark sometimes.
8. The only time I’ve ever cried out of a ticket was after getting into a fight with an ex-girlfriend. I rolled down the window, crying my eyes out, make-up streaking down my face, and the fresh-out-of-the-academy officer literally backed away slowly with a hand on his holster.
9. I have a serious shoe obsession and, yes, if you get me onto the topic of shoes and/or shoe shopping, I will chatter on and on excitedly until you’re ready to stick kitchen utensils in your ears.
10. I can usually tell in the first hour of meeting someone if they’re going to be someone I can trust or not or someone that will be a genuine friend that you really click with. I’ll always choose having a handful of really good friends that I can trust implicitly and regard as more family than friends than a bunch of acquaintances just there for the party.